Stables & Shelters
John Shields sectional timber stables are built to last, with many high quality design features. The pressure treated cladding repels the elements while the heavy-duty galvanised door furniture ensures that horses are securely contained in the loose box. A generous 900mm canopy keeps the weather off both the horses and owners in rough weather.
Before placing an order for a stable, please be sure to discuss base details; we recommend one course of engineering bricks under all the wall panels.
Bespoke design is available with any combination of units possible, providing every opportunity for smart tack rooms and hay stores with safe, smart storage solutions.
Stables will often need planning permission - although this seldom presents planning problems. John Shields does however offer a turnkey service that can assist you, from designing the building, submitting the applications and then making and installing the stable.
Horses, ponies and many other animals can be accommodated in a Shields Buildings field shelter.
Robust sectional timber walls are bolted together and support posts concreted into the ground. Kickboards are available to be positioned around the walls if required and a gate can be provided across the opening at the front. The base must be level and should be of stone scalpings or concrete. Please contact us if you need further advice.
- Loose boxes standard size 3.6m x 3.6m
- Corner boxes 4.8m x 3.6m. Other sizes available
- Tack rooms are 1.8m wide x 3.6m
- Eaves height 2.18m is standard
- Ridge height 3m
- 900mm canopy lined with pressure treated plywood
- The wall frames of the stables and field shelters are of sawn timber 75mm x 47mm
- Door posts are 95mm x 75mm.
- All walls are secured to floor with heavy duty anchor bolts
- Redwood shiplap wall cladding, ex 150mm x 19mm, with a generous 13mm overlap on the rebate
- 18mm treated plywood supplied to height of 1.2m as standard in all stables
- Purlins are 150mm x 50mm.
- Roof trusses are 150mm x 50mm and 100mm x 50mm gusseted and bolted construction
- Gable end frames are 100mm x 50mm and 75mm x 50mm, bolted to wall plate and strengthened with steel band
- One GRP roof light size, 900mm x 1.2m included in each section
- Water proof membrane, to prevent condensation, under plastisol steel box profile 0.7mm sheeting available in Merlin grey, Slate blue, Juniper green, black or Van dyke brow
- Stable doors are (w x h) 1.08m x 2.1m. Bottom door is 1.32m high. Top door is 760mm high. Boards are tongue and groove v-jointed ex 150mm x 25mm selected redwood. Ledge and brace construction. Doors lined with 12mm ply internally , for strength
- All door furniture is heavy duty galvanised. Hinges are 610mm hook and band type with 250mm sliding bolts Kick-over bolt and chew strip on top of bottom door included
- Loose boxes have sliding Perspex windows, size (w x h)600mm x 900mm
- Tack room windows, if required, manufactured as a double window ( w x h) 1.2m x 750mm. Frames are made from selected redwood. They may be fixed or opening
- Black half round 112mm uPVC guttering and 65mm down pipes
- We recommend that a concrete pad and then one course of engineering bricks is laid under all wall panels. Please ask for a plan before you start.
All timber is pressure-treated tanalised timber.
Example stable prices
Including delivery and erection west of Bristol.
All including VAT
3.6m x 3.6m single stable £4,200
3.6m x 3.6m additional box £3,050
3.6m x 1.8m tack room £1,600
3.6m x 3.6m £3,150
4.8m x 3.6m £3,500
7.2m x 3.6m £4,850